Tuesday 13 September 2016

Settling into the first week.


 
Wednesday September 14, 2016.

Day 6 and I am settling into a routine.

It is still warm in Delhi so the day has a natural rhythm. After early start to get out for a walk, then tea and breakfast before work begins.

Six days in and I have reconnected with dear friends, had a first friendly meeting with my residency hosts, found and visited an art supplies shop, watched Abbas Kiarostami’s Like Someone in Love at an outdoor screening at a fabulous new studio (more of that later), eaten some delicious food AND started to learn the streets of my neighbourhood through the tread of my feet.  


The walking is important as it synchs my internal GSP system! It also allows for chance encounters with others that can provide a rich lode of information. A polite greeting to a fellow walker led to a conversation with a resident happy to share stories of her family’s arrival in the district to make a new home when the land was uncleared. Really interesting to get such a direct account and hear of how national events shaped individual experience…














No comments:

Post a Comment